La Sierra University - Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC)
The mission the La Sierra University's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is to strive for a positive and beneficial student-athlete experience on campus and in the community. We promote a positive student-athlete image by demonstrating servant leadership, sportsmanship, respect, and integrity.
1. Promote communication between Athletics Administration to Student-Athletes
2. Promote communication between Athletics Department to University administration
3. Circulate crucial information
4. Bringing together all athletic teams
5. Campus support
6. Organize community service efforts
7. Promote a positive student-athlete image both on campus and in community
8. Promote NAIA Character of Champions
2015-16 SAAC Goals
Membership: Each team should have 1-2 reps
a. Must be a student-athlete
b. Obtain at least minimum GPA requirement of 2.3
c. Coach approved/elected
d. Responsible and motivated
e. Any member of any team may come to any meeting if they so choose, but they do not have the power to vote
f. Membership shall not be denied to any student on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
a. Attend all meetings and events
i. Members may only miss meetings for: competition, class, illness, & finals
ii. Must let the Advisor know if you cannot attend a meeting/events
b. At all times, SAAC members must keep their teams educated about relevant issues discussed during SAAC meetings.
c. Must act as leaders and liaisons within their teams